Now that Release 1 has gone live we are in a tidy up phase working on documentation while at the same time preparing for Release 2 in a few months.
One of the tasks is to update documentation relating to routing strategies. In the past we have taken screenshots from IRD but this is not very efficient. Therefore I have written a little C# application to take a strategy export (XML) and convert it into a Visio diagram.
- Login to IRD
- Click on the “Export/Import” tab
- Click on “Solution export”
- Highlight a strategy
- Double click on the “Add” column. Double click on the “Select format” column and select “open (*.xml)”
- Right click on the strategy and select “Export”
- Select a folder for the export and then click on “Select”
Run the Strategy Analyser:
Here is an example strategy both in IRD and then when exported to Visio:
From a documentation perspective each standard IRD block has a corresponding Visio stencil with custom properties for each of the associated block parameters.
The next step (time permitting) is to add some realtime functionality using Message Server / URS messages to overlay actual calls in the same way as realtime monitoring in IRD. It should also be possible to set “watch” statments on individual blocks.